Alert !!! Possible New Washington State Record.
John Grubenhoff, of Pasco Washington, has just caught a 20.34 lb Walleye near the Tri Cities, Washington. The Record is still being certified at this time. John is a familiar face in the Lower Columbia as he posted "Camas Tourny" wins here. He is a master of the blade bait technique. We have heard that he did not use a blade bait to catch this fish. The details will be confirmed as they are released. John is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. He has put in the effort and deserves the record. The Current Washington state record was caught in 2007 by Mike Hepper of Richland Washington at 19.3 lbs. The Oregon State Record has been held by Arnold Berg since 1990 at 19 lbs 15.3 oz . The current undisputed record Wallye is from Greers Ferry Arkansas, 1982, at 22 lbs 11 oz. A disputed record was caught in 1960 from Old Hickory Reservoir in Tennessee and measured in at 25 lbs. There are fish reported to be much larger than any of the above fish still available to be caught, by YOU!
Lower Columbia Walleye Club
- How to, Walleye fishing, Tounament, Columbia River
- Purpose: To help people enhance their Walleye fishing experience on the Columbia River and itís watershed.
- We utilize, speakers at our 11 regular meeting, a monthly newsletter, networking among friends and club members and field experience in the form of club fish outs and club sponsored tournaments. Members recieve 12 monthly color newsletters and can perticipate in 2 club sponsored tournaments
- We promote catch and release and the health of our Fishery and monitor Governmental, Commercial, environmental impacts.
- We are promoting the involvement of youth as a primary goal.
- The Columbia River is home to some of the worlds best trophy walleye fishing.
- Membership is a blend of beginner, novice, seasoned and Tournament Walleye fisherman with and without boats. Our club has some of the best walleye anglers in the northwest calling our club their home. One of our members is perhaps the most successful 10 lb + Walleye fisherman in North America.
- We have hosted North America's western most Walleye Tournament.
Link to: New Membership Application Form
New Member Dues
- Individual -$30 per year
- Family - $50 per year
Individual - $25 per year
Family - $40 per year
Lifetime Member $250
Lifetime Family $300
Make all applications & checks payable to:
Lower Columbia Walleye Club, Inc.
PO Box 30454, Portland Oregon, 97294